Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Dominoes

Pictured is Melania (our cook), to the right of her, Alexis (he helps build), and Jaime (another staff member)

I don't know about you, but until recently, the only fashion in which I used dominoes was painstakingly lining them up with a shaky hand, for the fleeting satisfaction of watching them fall over one by one. If I had grown up in this country, that would be a completely different story. Here, people play dominoes like my family and I (and lots of families like mine) play card games in the states. There is clearly a significant amount of strategy to playing dominoes from watching and playing, but I haven't figured it out yet, which I attribute to the fact that I just started playing, and no one will teach me the rules (I think primarily cause when you play with Dominicans, they assume you know the rules already). Knowing all the rules or not (which seem to be different every time I play) it's a very fun game, and I hope to be proficient in the way of the domino by the time I leave here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment