Saturday, July 26, 2014

Los animales de la finca: Sally


I've liked talking about the origins of the dog's names, and Sally's is nice and simple. When Sally was abandoned as a tiny puppy, Peter took him in at the time when a group from LaSalle was here, so LaSalle --> Sally. Nice and simple, and I think very fitting. I first met Sally in March when she was just barely out of the woods and everyone was sure she would survive and grow out of the tiny malnourished dog that Peter found. Coming back almost five months later, she is a completely different dog, at least in appearance. I say this because she still hasn't realized that she's no longer a tiny puppy. She is huge now! And by the looks of her humongous paws, isn't even close to done growing yet. Just like Rica, she sleeps all day to save up energy so she can protect us by barking all night at the scary cows that wonder on to the property. Sally is the only dog on the property who knows any commands (although TK and I have been working on it). She can sit, lay down, and da me cinco (high five). What should she learn next? I'm thinking stay and come in tandem. She's just now learning how to jump up on stuff like the couch (usually she can only get her front paws up there though). She loves belly rubs, and it's really easy to get her leg a kickin' in that way dogs do when you rub their belly (which is great). And of course, I love Sally, just like the other pups.

No comments:

Post a Comment