Monday, July 21, 2014

La Finca


This is La Finca, or the property. While I'm here this is my home. It's a sixteen acre piece of land with a staff house (where I sleep) a kitchen, two pavilions where the groups hang their hammocks while they're here, and three baños (outhouses), 140 lemon trees, 25 papaya trees, lots of mango trees, soon to be a few grapefruit trees, four dogs (you'll see them featured on here soon), one cat, the BFT, one car, one pick up, one van, three motorcycles (which I can't wait to learn how to drive), and a solar powered well (not for drinking). Maintaining the property is going to be a huge part of my job here once the summer ends, which I think I will really like doing. There are mountains surrounding the entire thing (not pictured), which are very reminiscent of the mountains that surrounded my previous home (the 'burg). I went from one mountain range to the next. I'm not really sure what else to say about the property, other than after just two weeks, it's already starting to feel like home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment